Thursday, May 15, 2008

Odds and time consuming sods

Uploaded some photo's on stuff your never really going too see - machined up the steering arm extensions



Dusting off my machining skills on my mate Steve's lathe











Good thing with the Sierra track rod ends is they have an offset - so even though I've moved the steering rack forward to clear the front pulley - due to the offset and the longer arm on the upright - the geometry of the steering arm is better than the original - must add this was something I was slated for originally - quote - 'you can't move the steering rack' - b&*^%$ks - I can and I have










Also the exhaust manifold - got a mate who has access to a water jet cutter - so got the exhaust and the turbo inlet flanges cut out - 2' 3/4'' inlet into the turbo and 3' out into the system










Also had to gas weld the flanges - far too much carbon deposits in the steel for mig






Just need to cut a 3' hole in the side weld the flange on and bolt the R turbo on